At the end of the course students will:
- be able to actively work with different text types using the tools of the text linguistics in a contrastive, intertextual and intercultural perspective;
- be able to use the correct terminology when discussing linguistic phenomena;
- have acquired metalinguistic awareness;
- be able to critically reflect and justify their own translation choices, also by comparing their translations with peers’ translations and with different translations of the same source text;
- have acquired knowledge of the history of German language.