Linguistic operator in cultural tourism.
The linguistic operator in the tourism and cultural sphere provides linguistic and cultural support and advice in the context of events and projects with an international dimension, international congresses and trade fairs. In particular, he/she:
- provides language assistance to companies and within institutions in various fields (trade fairs, conferences and tourism):
- takes care of the linguistic and cultural aspect and assists in the planning and organisation of meetings, international congresses and trade fairs, tourist and cultural events and projects;
- researches and prepares information material in the language for publishing projects, catalogues, brochures, websites, etc.
- prepares information content for the promotion of initiatives, events and enterprises in a foreign language;
- acts as a facilitator in meetings between businesspeople;
- can plan itineraries as part of the tourism activities of public bodies or private enterprises, and collaborates in the organisation of tourist and cultural events;
- can act as a tourist guide, subject to appropriate further training in accordance with the regulations in force.
Competencies associated with the function:
- ability to express oneself with a sound command of at least two foreign languages in order to operate in international and multicultural contexts, both through written and oral communication;
- knowledge of the cultures and traditions of the various territorial realities in relation to the field of study;
- good knowledge of the reference contexts, especially with regard to the historical-artistic-literary dimension;
- ability to consult and edit different types of texts;
- ability to prepare useful information materials for tourist, trade fair and conference reception activities;
- ability to collaborate with other professionals using one's own linguistic and cultural knowledge.
- organisational public relations offices in areas requiring language skills, analytical skills, organisation and production of information and cultural materials in tourism enterprises;
- trade fairs and congresses;
- travel agencies;
- museum facilities;
- cultural associations and cooperatives;
- public and private cultural foundations, organisations and institutes;
- small enterprises with an Italian brand.
Assistant translator and proofreader of foreign language texts.
The assistant translator and proofreader of foreign language texts applies, predominantly in the cultural and service sector, knowledge of languages to the production and critical revision of texts in a foreign language or originally written in a foreign language. In particular, the assistant translator and proofreader of foreign language texts:
- verifies the correspondence of the translated text with the original, carries out editing operations to standardise the language and style and to check the consistency of the content and formal congruity;
- translates texts of a popular-cultural nature into one's mother tongue;
- collaborates with other specialised professionals in carrying out bibliographical research useful for the linguistic transposition activity.
- sound command of at least two foreign languages in addition to Italian;
- knowledge of the linguistic registers relating to oral and written production in the two foreign languages;
- ability to place texts in the appropriate typological and cultural contexts;
- competence in the use of IT tools for the retrieval of information functional to the tasks to be performed.
- publishing houses;
- translation companies;
- publishing service companies;
- newspaper editorial offices;
- television editorial offices;
- cultural and private organisations and institutions and the third sector.