The aim of the course is to consolidate the linguistic and translation competence of the students, getting them used to dealing with various types of text.
In particular, it aims to
make the learner capable of:
- know, remember and understand new words and verbal structures, also through the systematic use of the monolingual dictionary;
- carry out literary and para-literary translations from and into French;
- recognize the most important ideas of a text, distinguishing them from accessory ones;
- correctly summarize a text of various kinds;
- correctly understand the phonemes of the language and know how to transcribe them correctly;
- analyze and critically explain the main translation difficulties, present in the transition from French to Italian and vice versa;
- recognize and explain, also through the application in specific exercises, the main morpho-syntactic structures of the French language;
- evaluate the linguistic context appropriate to the piece to be understood and / or translated.