The course aims at the acquisition of advanced translation skills from German into Italian, particularly in the literary field. At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- recognize the function(s) of a text;
- carry out a thorough text analysis with the purpose of better translating the text;
- classify texts based on pragmatic, lexical and syntactical factors;
- distinguish the specificities of literary translation, particularly of children’s literature;
- read and analyze in an efficient manner texts with an intermediate level of difficulty;
- critically reflect on and motivate his/her own translation choices, also comparing them with different translations;
- use the correct terminology in the explanation of the own translation choices.