At the end of te course the student will be expected to attain the following competencies:
*Understanding of the fundamental notions of semantics, intentionality, social practices and institutional practices.
* Capacity of autonomous elaboration of the connection between communication, rationality and social intelligence.
* Understanding the question about the origin of communication and human natural languages.
* Discuss the difference between Searle's and Tomasello's theories.
* Acquisition of a method of analysis consistent with the more recent developments in the field of social ontology.
* Understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects linked to this topic.