The course aims at providing the tools for a critical interpretation of the process of European integration; more particularly, at gaining a profound insight into:
- the EU trade policies within the world context;
- the deepening of economic integration through the Single Market;
- the ECB’s monetary policy;
- the fiscal policies within the Monetary Union and their contradictions,
- the debt crisis and its possible solutions.
On the basis of this knowledge, the students will acquire the capability to:
- assess the risks and find the most adequate solutions for the European firms exposed to international competition, through the appropriate channels in order to maximize access to foreign markets;
- analyze and identify the critical issues of the process of European integration, offering alternative hypotheses and solutions;
- offer meaningful contributions to the debate on the causes of sovereign debt and of the European economic crisis, as well as possible ways out of the recession.