The curricular internship complements and completes the student's training through the performance of practical activities:
- in structures within the university (internal internship, STI);
- at qualified public and private institutions with which the university has concluded appropriate agreements (STA external internship);
- at qualified public and private institutions abroad, subject to an agreement (STE foreign internship).
The internship can be chosen:
- to complete the number of curricular ECTS required to complete the course of study. A maximum of 8 ECTS may be recognised on the 'student option' activity under the rule: 25 hours of internship = 1 ECTS;
- a student who has already completed the required number of ECTS will still be able to see it written in his or her 'career'.
IBD rules for including work placements in the programme of study
The work placement involves three parties: the student, the promoter (the University of Parma) and the host (company or organisation) where the activity is carried out under the guidance of a tutor, a university tutor and a company tutor. It must be formally activated following the University's procedure.
University procedure for formally activating the internship
The curricular internship does not constitute a prerequisite for an employment relationship between the intern and the host establishment, nor can it be a substitute for company labour or professional services.