Career guidance is a service that aims to guide graduating and graduate students towards the world of work, through various activities and initiatives.
The career guidance service is mainly carried out by degree course staff and the Academic and Career Guidance Unit.
- the degree course, through the department's delegate or delegate, organises and publicises meetings with representatives of the world of work (e.g. professionals, public officials, entrepreneurs, etc.) in order to illustrate to students the characteristics of individual activities and the challenges that graduates will have to face at the end of their university education;
- the Academic and Career Guidance Unit organises a series of orientation interventions to accompany those who are about to finish or have already finished a university course towards the world of work, favouring the improvement of soft skills and knowledge of professional profiles and related opportunities.
The main services offered to graduating and graduates are:
- bacheca offerte di lavoro dove sono raccolte tutte le proposte di lavoro offerte dalle aziende, enti e organizzazioni iscritte a vario titolo sul portale AlmaLaurea;
- job opportunity, pubblicazione di opportunità per studentesse/studenti, laureande/i;
- Job day, evento annuale volto a favorire il rapporto diretto tra imprese e laureandi/laureati dell’Ateneo di Parma;
- seminari e incontri su come redigere il curriculum vitae e la lettera di presentazione, come affrontare con successo un colloquio di lavoro (simulazioni di colloqui individuali e di gruppo), ecc.;
- orientation traineeships (or internships), reserved for university graduates within twelve months of obtaining their degree.
In addition, ER.GO. also provides various support services for recent graduates on its 'Job Orientation' page.