Final examination: procedure and characteristic
- The student must have acquired at least 180 ECTS credits to commence thesis-related activities.
- The student must contact the supervisor directly and give him/her the duly completed and signed 'Thesis Entry Form'. The form must be completed in duplicate, one for the supervisor and one for the student.
- The final examination consists of the preparation and public discussion of a thesis, normally COMPULSORY, under the guidance of a supervisor, i.e. a professor or researcher holding a teaching post in one of the pharmaceutical degree courses within the Department; this thesis is mainly based on the collection and analysis of bibliographic material relating to topics specific to the single-cycle degree course.
- The student is given the opportunity to carry out an EXPERIMENTAL thesis:
- activities of an experimental nature to be carried out at university or non-university research laboratories in Italy or abroad;
- activities of a practical-professional experimental nature to be carried out at healthcare facilities, either public or private, Italian or foreign.
- Experimental thesis work carried out at other universities or at external, public or private, Italian or foreign institutions necessarily requires:
a) the authorization of the Course Council (CCdS) to be requested via email from its President [download the Authorization Form],
b) the agreement between the external bodies and UNIPR (if not already in place), and the subsequent drafting of a training project.
For such fulfilments, the student must follow the instructions available on this web page: https://www.unipr.it/en/node/8405 through which, in the "Allegati" (Attachments) section, he will also have access to the forms, including the template of the training project.
- In the case of theses to be carried out abroad, the student may take steps to access resources linked to the projects of the Department's International Mobility Committee.
- The final examination is worth 15 ECTS credits:
- 14 ECTS credits for activities related to thesis preparation
- 1 credit for discussion.
- For students who enrolled before 2019-20, in the case of an experimental thesis choice, the student must also devote the 12 ECTS credits provided for free-choice activities to the thesis activity.
- For students enrolled as of 2019-20, in the case of an experimental thesis choice, the student may, on a voluntary basis, devote 4 of the 12 ECTS credits provided for free-choice activities to the thesis activity.