Researchers and graduate technicians in the chemical and pharmaceutical sciences
Function in a working context:
- synthesises, develops and characterises compounds of biological interest at the basic and applied research level with a view to the formulation of potential new drugs;
- patents and registers medicinal or biomedical products;
- leads technical management in cosmetic or food industries, or in industrial sectors involving medical/diagnostic devices, medical/surgical devices, biocides or plant protection products.
Competences associated with the function:
- applies knowledge in the chemical, analytical, biochemical, pharmacological, toxicological, pharmaceutical and technological fields that allow to address, with a multidisciplinary approach, the entire sequence of the complex process that, starting from the design and optimisation of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of new chemical entities, leads to the development of new drugs, to the formulation, production, control and registration of new medicines.
- researcher in pharmaceutical or para-pharmaceutical industries and laboratories (production workshops for chemicals used in medicine);
- researcher in laboratories of the baby food and dietetic industry, medical devices, supplements, medicated feed supplements, phytopharmaceuticals, cosmetic laboratories, laboratories for bromatological and product analyses, universities and national and international public and private research centres;
- technical director in pharmaceutical and health product industries (requires enrolment in the Professional Register of Pharmacists).