Career (or post-graduate) guidance is a service that aims to guide undergraduate and graduate students towards the world of work, through various activities and initiatives.
The orientation service is mainly carried out by degree course staff and the Academic and career guidance and Job Placement Unit.
- the degree course, through the department's delegate or delegate, organises and publicises meetings with representatives of the world of work (e.g. professionals, public officials, entrepreneurs, etc.) in order to illustrate to students the characteristics of individual activities and the challenges that graduates will have to face at the end of their university education.
- The Academic and career guidance and Job Placement organises a series of orientation interventions to accompany those who are about to finish or have already finished a university course towards the world of work, favouring the improvement of soft skills and knowledge of professional profiles and related opportunities.
The main services offered to near graduates and graduates are:
- job offers notice board that collects all the job posts being offered by companies, institutions and organizations of various types registered on the AlmaLaurea portal;
- job opportunity for students and near graduates;
- Job day, annual event aimed to foster a direct relationship between companies and near graduates/graduates from the Parma Athenaeum;
- seminars and meetings on how to compose a curriculum vitae and a letter of introduction, how to succeed in a job interview (simulations of single and group job interviews)
- orientation internships or traineeships reserved for university graduates within twelve months of obtaining their degree.
In addition, ER.GO. also provides various support services for recent graduates on its 'Job Orientation' page