The aim of the course is to provide the basics of pharmacology to acquire a deep understanding of the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions between drugs, foods and plant products.
Knowledge and understanding:
• To acquire basic knowledge related to pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions
• To know the pharmacological activity of drugs and plant products and the related mechanisms of action
• To know the mechanisms underlying the main interactions between drugs, foods and plant products
• To acquire the ability to use the specific language of the discipline
Applied knowledge and understanding:
• To apply the knowledge of the main interactions between drugs, foods and plant products to define how they can be used for health
Autonomy of judgment:
• To know how to predict, on the basis of the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characteristics of a drug, the potential interactions with food or plant products.
• Possess the ability to synthesize information and communicate it effectively to expert and non-expert interlocutors.
• To develop methodologies that allow to study in a highly autonomous way
• Ability to update by consulting scientific databases