The student must acquire and apply the theoretical-practical knowledge of general and basic obstetric care, according to the principles of Midwifery. In particular, at the end of the 1st year of the internship, the student must be able to:
- Establish a relationship with the woman, respecting confidentiality and taking into account the specific psycho-emotional characteristics of the context;
- Describe, in general terms, aims, structures and organization of the Internship Service;
- Identify the specific needs of the reference user;
- Recognize the specific functions of midwives in relation to other professional figures, in the perspective of team work;
- Perform professional activities programmed under the guidance of the clinical tutor;
- Evaluate the results of the interventions delivered.