By the end of this course students should:
- Know anesthesia techniques for cesarean sections and for emergent obstetric surgical procedures after delivery.
- Know regional analgesia and sedation techniques for vaginal delivery and for minor obstetric procedures in post-partum
- Recognize shock states and provide patients with adequate monitoring
- Know the pharmacology of anesthetics, analgesics and adjuvant drugs, while being able to recognize their intended and adverse effects.
- Be able to initiate treatment for the most common complications of anesthesia and/or analgesia for obstetrics.