Educational objectives of the course are:
- A thorough knowledge of the model systems for the study of complex processes such as development, differentiation and cell division;
- The acquisition of genetic concepts and methodologies, with particular regard to those used in the genetic dissection of complex processes;
- The ability to understand and develop methods of genetics and molecular genetics that may find useful applications in biological and biomedical research and in biotechnology;
- The ability to frame scientific issues and to identify experimental strategies to achieving the objectives;
- The ability to apply knowledge to solve specific problems in the context of research related to the field of study;
- The achievement of communication skills and independent judgment.