The course aims to provide students with knowledge on the role of innovation in the economy from a theoretical and empirical perspective, and the task of the State in supporting and directing innovation. It also allows students to acquire a critical awareness on how innovation is changing because of the new digital technologies.
At the end of the course students will have acquired:
– The knowledge and understand of the different aspects of innovation;
– The ability to apply them to design projects of innovation;
– The ability to make judgements to assess the effects of innovation on the economy and effectiveness of the policy implemented by the State;
– Communication skills, through the use of a technical language appropriate to transfer to entrepreneurial and institutional environments the knowledge gained on the innovation phenomenon;
– Learning skills through the link between theoretical thinking and observation of facts.