Knowledge and understanding:
the student learns how labor markets work, how they interact and how they evolve across time.
The aim of the laboratory is to provide the tools required to analyze and understand:
- The determinants of growth and decline of the main variables operating in labor markets.
- The way how these variables interact both at the international and at the national and territorial levels.
- The way in which policy-makers can affect the labor market variables in the aim of increasing economic welfare.
Applying knowledge and understandig:
- Obtaining the tools required to describe the equilibrium of simple micro and macroeconomic models of labor markets.
- Obtaining the tools required to understand and elaborate the main market labor statistics both at a world-wide and at a national and territorial levels.
- Obtaining the tools required to assess the impact of labor and employment policies in the short, in the medium and in the long run,
- Developing the necessary skills to assess the results of micro and macroeconomic studies of the labor markets as well as of employment policies.
- Developing the necessary skills to explain critically the results of labor-market studies and the scenarios described by labor-market statistics both to expert and to non-expert people in the field of economics..
- Developing the necessary skills to explain briefly complex issues by means of economic data, charts and analytical formulae.