The course has the aim of guiding the student towards the following objectives:
D1 - KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- to know and understand the theoretical basics, the lexicon and the main instruments of modern computer science
- to know the structure of a computer and of a telecommunication network
- to know binary arithmetic
- to konow how to structure and formalize the solution procedure of any problem, both simple and complex
D2 - APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- to be able to use in a competent way computer science in the context of veterinary sciences.
- to be able to use autonomously spreadsheets to create simple graphs and simple elaborations of data.
- to be able to perform bibliographic researches in the main databases concerning veterinary sciences.
D3 - MAKING JUDGMENTS
- to be able to use the knowledge and understanding of the course topics to solve simple problems, autonomously evaluating the better solution for the problem itself.
- to be able to analyze quantitative data and to control research hypotheses through simple statistical analyses.
D4 - COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- to be able to communicate in a competent way when sepaking about information technologies or about tools for the analysis and elaboration of data