The aim of the course is to provide a theoretical knowledge and practical application of the recombinant technologies.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the importance and purpose of gene cloning and learn the main techniques and tools for the manipulation (in vitro and in vivo) of biological macromolecules (KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING).
- Design the best strategy to carry out the insertion of a DNA fragment into a cloning vector. Define the analytical methodologies necessary to perform a correct analysis of recombinant clones. Prepare a research report to expose the obtained results (APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING).
- Know how to evaluate the best methodology to perform a gene cloning experiment (MAKING JUDGEMENTS).
- Expose the results of a gene cloning experiment even to a non-expert public (COMMUNICATION SKILLS).
- Understand technical and specialist tests in Italian and English (LEARNING SKILLS).