Studying abroad

The University of Parma offers all its students various opportunities to foster the development of a real international dimension of university study. From exchanges in Europe through the Erasmus Plus Programme to extra-European mobility with the Overworld Programme and numerous pathways for acquiring a double degree.

Single Call for European and International Mobility

Starting from the academic year 2022-2023, with the new Single Call for European and International Mobility, which integrates the opportunities of the European ERASMUS+ Programme and the OVERWORLD University Programme into a single call, the University of Parma intends to bring together the study abroad opportunities available to the student population in order to facilitate access to mobility for an ever-increasing number of enrolled students.
The University of Parma is part of an exchange network of professors/instructors and students that, through numerous agreements at EU and non-EU level, allows for study periods abroad and/or internship activities, enabling students to undertake training experiences abroad, both didactic and work-related, as part of mobility programmes, thus creating opportunities for international careers for its students and favourable environments for the development of research activities, through the funding of projects by local researchers and the attraction of scholars from all over the world.
In order to coordinate central and departmental activities, International Mobility Commissions were established in each department as of 2017.
When calls for applications are issued, members of the Department's International Mobility Commission announce them in the classroom and by means of posters, assist and advise students who are interested in participating, maintain contact with the offices and deal with the selection of candidates. Wide relevance is given on all the University and Department websites. In this they are assisted by 'international tutors', students selected by public call for an entire academic year. The University offices take care of all the administrative aspects of concluding and renewing bilateral agreements, involving professors/instructors in the proposal of new agreements.