The course aims to provide the students with the main notions and principles relating to communicative competence both in verbal and non-verbal terms and in a pragmatic way. At the end of the course the student should be able to:
1) Recognize and analyze interpersonal and social communications
2) Know and understand main aspects which are involved in communicative processes, particularly in persuasion, and in majority and minority influence
3) Recognize and critically analyze the main techniques of persuasion, marketing and risk communication
4) Know and make explicit ethical and structural aspects of messages which are addressed to others
5) Analyze and apply the main methodologies used in the study of communicative processes
6) Develop the learning abilities that are required in order to attain either second cycle or specialized courses.