Knowledge and understanding
The student learns how economic systems work and how they evolve across time.
The aim is to provide the tools required to analyze and understand:
•The determinants of growth and decline of the main macroeconomic variables.
•The way these variables interact within an economy
•The effects of international trade on the economy
•The way the government and the central bank can affect the main macroeconomic varibles to pursue the aim of increasing economic welfare
• History and functioning of Euro.
Applying knowledge and understanding
• Obtaining the required tools to describe the equilibrium of simple macroeconomic models.
• Obtaining the required tools to understand and elaborate the main economic statistics.
• Obtaining the required tools to assess the impact of economic policies
in the short, in the medium and in the long run
• Developing the necessary skills to assess the results of macroeconomic studies and of economic policies
• Developing the necessary skills to explain critically the results of economic studies and the scenarios described by economic statistics both to expert and non-expert people in the field of economics
• Developing the necessary skills to explain briefly complex issues by means of charts and analytical formulae.