- Knowledge and ability to understand the language and the typical problems in the transition from continuous mathematics to discrete mathematics.
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding in critical analysis of obtained numerical results.
- Autonomy of judgment in evaluating the approximation algorithms and the obtained results also through discussion with one's peers.
- Ability to clearly communicate the concepts acquired and to argue the results achieved.
- Ability to learn limits and advantages of numerical methods and to apply them consistently.