The course aims to provide methodological tools to understand the contemporary theatrical universe. The workshop will focus on the confrontation of such a knowledge with the professional aspects of theatrical practices.
- - -
Course unit content
The course aim to describe the languages of contemporary theater, both in traditional and unsual places. More specifically the couse will deal with the following topics:
- Definition of the concept of theater and spectacle
- Definition of the concept of representation and mise-en-scène, both in their traditional conception and in their contemporary one
- Description of the communicative and representative languages of contemporary theater: space, scenography, lighting, acting, direction, ecc.
- Description of the main theatrical theories of XX and XXI centuries
- Discussion of the main ideas about contemporary dramaturgy
- Analysis of theater in non-specific contexts
The workshop will focus on the organization and practice of contemporary theatrical culture.
- - -
L. Allegri, La prima lezione sul teatro, Laterza
L. Allegri, L’artificio e l’emozione, Laterza
B. Brecht, Scritti teatrali, Einaudi or A. Artaud, Il teatro e il suo doppio, Einaudi or K. Stanislavskij, Il lavoro dell'attore su se stesso, Laterza or K. Stanislavskij, Il lavoro dell'attore sul personaggio, Laterza