The students will learn the main tools of the analysis of international trade, will acquire the ability to understand the dynamics and the influence on them of trade policy. He will learn the determinants of the dynamics of public debt, acquire the ability to assess the factors that cause stability or instability. He will also learn the problems related to economic policy choices in intertemporal contexts. He will acquire skills related to saving choices and the use of funds in presence of risky assets. The students will ultimately be in a position to understand the main phenomena of the financial markets-credit, the determination of the yields of the main assets and liabilities, and their interrelationships with the real sector and the policies of central banks.
At the end of the course, students will have acquired:
Applying knowledge and understanding
• Acquisition of specialized tools for macroeconomic analysis of intermediate and advanced macroeconomic models.
• Acquisition of the basic tools for assessing the impact of interventions of fiscal and monetary policy and trade policy.
• Ability to assess the conclusions and results of macro-economic analysis and the effects of alternative economic policy actions and interventions.
• Ability to present and explain the results in a critical form of macroeconomic studies, the implications of different policy choices and scenarios described by the economic statistics is to be qualified persons to non-experts.
Ability to learn
• Ability to explain complex topics in a concise manner through the use of graphs and mathematical formulas.