Expected Learning results:
Knowledge and understanding:
the student learns how economic systems work, how they interact and how they evolve across time.
The aim is to provide the tools required to analyze and understand:
- the determinants of growth and decline of the main macroeconomic variables at a world-wide level;
- the way how these variables interact at the world-wide level;
- the effects of international trade on the economy;
- the way the governments, the central banks and the international economic institutions can affect the main economic variables in the aim of increasing economic welfare;
- history and functioning of international institutions.
Applying knowledge and understandign:
- obtaining the tools required to describe the equilibrium of simple micro and macroeconomic international models;
- obtaining the tools required to understand and elaborate the main economic statistics at a world-wide level;
- obtaining the tools required to assess the impact of economic policies in the short, in the medium and in the long run.
- developing the necessary skills to assess the results of micro and macroeconomic studies and of economic policies.
- developing the necessary skills to explain critically the results of economic studies and the scenarios described by economic statistics both to expert and to non-expert people in the field of economics.
- developing the necessary skills to explain briefly complex issues by means of economic data, charts and analytical formulae.