The laboratory aims to provide students with an empirical knowledge of the productive structure of the Italian economy and its recent change, through a comparison of the economic features of its constitutive productive places.
The role of geographical concentration in industrialization processes will lead to understand the genesis and evolution of the model of national competitive advantage.
At the end of the course students will have acquired:
- The knowledge and understand of the pattern of competitive advantage in the Italian economy;
- The ability to apply them to improve the competitive environment, at the local, regional and national scale;
- The ability to make judgments to assess the determinants of competitive advantage;
- Communication skills, through the use of a technical language appropriate to interact with trade associations and policymakers that can influence the dynamics of local, regional and national advantage;
- Learning skills through empirical analyses based on official statistics.