Both at the beginning of teaching activities and in the second part of the second semester, the Course President, the Course Quality Assurance Manager, the student representatives on the Instructors-Students Joint Committee, the Erasmus and internships contact persons meet with enrolled students to provide them with essential information on:
- teaching organisation of the degree course in Classical and Modern Literature;
- services offered;
- how to deal with and resolve any problems.
The Infopoint, which traditionally operates during the first part of the first semester (Monday to Friday) at the Cloister of the D'Azeglio Complex, where Course Tutor-students and Department Tutor-instructors are at the disposal of students, and especially newly enrolled students, has been replaced, due to health emergency, by individual or group interviews on the Microsoft TEAMS platform and organised by Tutor-instructors.
The guidance service, as far as more targeted contacts with individual students are concerned, is carried out
- by the Course President (Prof. Gualtiero Rota);
- by the Course Delegate for Incoming Guidance (Prof. Riccardo Villicich);
- by the Commissions responsible for checking entry requirements and ascertaining initial preparation:
The reporting outcome on the opinion of students (attending and non-attending) is above the University average and is largely positive with regard to both the organisational aspect (a.a. 2019-2020: 97.27%, Athenaeum 91%), as well as the teaching action (97.28%, Athenaeum 90%), data also indicative of the effectiveness of the orientation action.