The student must learn the main information related to basic genetics in agreement with the program and be able to process this information in order to solve practical problems.
In particular, the student should be able to:
1) Know the main concepts related to genetics, with particular reference to Mendel's laws, gene interactions, chromosomal alterations, microorganism genetics, DNA organization, replication and transcription, gene mutation, and population genetics.
2) Use the specific language of genetics, and of the definitions that underlie the matter; apply mathematical and statistical methods, in order to solve practical problems of genetics, understand basic concepts of genetics in English.
3) Evaluate and interpret data necessary to solve problems related especially to the genetic inheritance; evaluate teaching.
4) Explain the problems related to the main issues addressed.
5) Connect the information learned both with each other and with all the other disciplines previously learned; achieve the basic skills required for inclusion in professional activities related to genetics.