The course has the following objectives:
- to provide basic knowledge on the topics of mechanics, thermodynamics and electric phenomena;
- to build a suitable language for the description of physical phenomena
- - -
Course unit content
Physical quantities and physical measurement.
Mechanics of point masses and rigid bodies.
Mechanics of fluids.
Thermology and thermodynamics.
Electrical forces and electrical circuits.
• Measurements and measurement errors
• Vector quantities and vector calculus
• Kinematics of the point
• Dynamics of point masses
• Conservation principles
• Static of rigid body
• Dynamics of rigid body
• Fluid static and dynamics
• Principles of thermodynamics
• Specific heat and latent heat
• Phase transitions
• Physical properties of materials
• Electrical circuits in direct current
• Joule effect
Halliday-Resnick-Walker, “Fondamenti di fisica”, CEA, 2006
The topics are presented in the lectures with blackboard explanations and power point presentations.
Assessment methods and criteria
Written exam with 4 exercises with 2-3 questions. Each exercise carries 8 marks (30 cum laude is 32 marks).
The examination lasts two hours a