This Module of General Zoology is designed to provide the bases for addressing the study of animal biology that will be detailed in the second part of the year (cfr. the Course of Systematic Zoology) and in the subsequent years.
In particular the Course will allow the student to:
- Tackle the study of Zoology with an evolutionary-adaptive approach (Knowledge and understanding).
- Understand the basic principles and mechanisms of evolution and organization and structure of animals, in addition to the morpho-functional systems of the main Taxa (Knowledge and understanding).
- Acquire the basic and methodological principles for a better understanding of the other Courses in the following years that will deal with different aspects of animal biology (Knowledge and understanding).
- Acquire the basic elements of methods and scopes of scientific research with particular emphasis on Zoology (Knowledge and understanding) (Making judgements).
- Identify connections among studied topics and linking them to basic or similar disciplines (Learning skills) (Making judgements).