The aim of the course is to contribute to the development of a good basic physical culture to provide students with the tools to be able to develop the applicative potential of physics. The contents of the course are aimed to acquire a general knowledge of the basic principles and laws of classical physics and a good mastery of concepts, physical quantities and their application to simple general problems .
In particular, the student should be able to:
1. Know the main laws and principles of classical physics and understand their physical sense and main applications.
Being able to use the proper specific language of physics and the related terminology.
2. Being able to apply key concepts to specific cases and to understand their potential and their application limits.
3. Be able to expose concepts and results even to a general public and to know how to present
to an inexperienced audience the main aspects of the quantitative physical description of phenomena.
4. Know how to evaluate the potentialities and limits of a quantitative physical description of phenomena.
5. Be able to establish a link between different topics and show judgment autonomy and analytical skills in dealing with specific problems.