The student will acquire basic information about human genetics as planned and will be able to process such information in order to solve practical problems.
In particular, the student should be able to:
1) Understand the main concepts related to human genetics, with particular reference to diseases from chromosomal alterations, genetic diseases, type of inheritance, multifactorial characters, molecular pathology and population genetics.
2) Use the specific language of human genetics, and the basic definitions in the genetic filed; apply mathematical and statistical methods, even complex ones, in order to solve practical problems of human genetics, understand the basic concepts of human genetics in english.
3) Evaluate and ianalyze data necessary for the resolution of problems mainly related to genetic counselling; evaluate the teaching.
4) Explain the problems related to various human diseases and their inheritance.
5) Connect the information learned, both among themselves and with all the other subjects learned in the three-year period; update his knowledge by consulting scientific publications of human genetics, and databases such as OMIM; achieve the basic skills required for inclusion in professional activities in the field of the human genetics, such as genetic counseling, at the end of the three-year course.