- Knowledge and understanding: students will be able to identify different dimensions of linguistic variation when dealing with both oral and written texts.
- Ability to apply knowledge and understanding: students will be able to analyse complex texts on several levels, also with respect to variation dimensions in contemporary German.
- Autonomy of judgment: students must be able to critically discuss their own and others’ interpretations and choices.
- Communication skills: students will acquire the ability to communicate fluently in written and oral German, arguing effectively their positions and using terminology appropriate to the sectoral areas of, among others, sociolinguistics, linguistic variation and didactics.
- Learning skills: by developing the ability to reflect on their own work, students will learn to improve their language skills, also finding new resources autonomously.