At the end of the course the students should know some specific tools in order to properly investigate current research topics in the frame of kinetic equations for socio-economic sciences, and they should be able to present contents in a clear way and with a mathematically correct language.
Specifically, these are the expected skills:
- Knowledge and understanding: students will know in detail and will autonomously use mathematical tools in the frame of kinetic models for simple market economies; furthermore they will acquire a good level of understanding of the most recent mathematical contents and theories on the course topics, which enables them to read and understand advanced texts and research articles, and to elaborate then original ideas in specific research contexts.
- Applying knowledge and understanding: students will be able to produce rigorous proofs of (even new) mathematical results and to face new problems in the frame of kinetic equations in socio-economic sciences, proposing new models and studying their properties owing also to appropriate numerical algorithms.
- Making judgements: students will be able to build up non trivial logical proofs, and will be capable to recognize correct or rather fallacious steps of the proofs.
- Communication: students will have to present the main topics of the course in a clear and mathematically correct way.
- Lifelong learning skills: the course will help students to form a flexible mentality allowing them to be employed in work environments that require the ability to face ever-new problems.