At the end of the course, students will acquire competences as regards comprehension and construction of academic written discourse.
In particular, they will develop skills related to
- evaluating original sentences, paragraphs and short argumentative texts written in an academic style
- evaluating academic articles and texts as part of a process of research
- creating well-organised research questions
- constructing well-structured paragraphs for academic purposes
- focusing on the writing process to improve grammar and vocabulary for use in academic written texts
- understanding the structure and purpose of abstracts, literature reviews, and other components of research reports.