KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Knowing the main features and profiles of learners with Specific Language Needs.
- Understainding the nature and the manifestations of some developmental disorders affecting communication, language and learning.
- Knowing the theoretical and methodological foundations for inclusive language education, with particular reference to the Language Teaching Accessibility Theory.
APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Identifying key personal and contextual factors influencing language education.
- Applying key concepts (Specific Language Needs, Language Teaching Accessibility Theory etc.) to the analysis of a variety of teaching documents (e.g. lesson plans, teaching materials, reports).
- Applying key concepts to the analysis of language data related to learners with specific needs.
- Discussing the advantages and disadvantages in the use of a particular language teaching method or practice in case of learners with Specific Language Needs.
- Discussing case studies involving complex teaching situations and formulating hypotheses for effective language teaching interventions.
- Presenting one's personal opinions, ideas and proposals in a comprehensible and effective way.
- Supporting one's opinion on the basis of the course contents.
- Observing and analysing data for discovery and learning purposes.
- Developing reflection skills.
- Developing assessment and self-assessment skills.