The course intends to give the student, within the framework of the European descriptors for the three-year degrees (Dublin descriptors), the tools to develop the knowledge and the capacity to understand the artistic good, through the study of the materials Original, Degradation and restoration (1st descriptor-Knowledge and ability to understand).
At the end of the course the student must be able to: • Apply such knowledge and comprehension skills in addressing, with a professional approach and through the conception of arguments, different questions of knowledge of constituent materials A work of art, • Knowledge of the original materials constituting a cultural good, • The processes of degradation that afflicge the artistic and cultural works,
• Appropriate materials and techniques of intervention conservatively of an artistic and cultural work,
• Elaboration of a conservative intervention protocol on the work of Art (2nd descriptor-Knowledge and comprehension skills applied);
• Independently collect and interpret articles, protocols of conservative interventions (3rd descriptor-autonomy of judgement);
• Communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions of conservation interventions of pictorial Works (4th Descriptor-communicative skills);
• Develop further learning skills necessary to undertake successive studies with a high degree of autonomy in the field of cultural heritage (5th Descriptor-Ability to learn).