Transfers and course transitions

A student enrolled at another university who wishes to study at our university or who is enrolled at this university and wishes to study elsewhere may apply for a transfer.

If the student is enrolled at this University, but wishes to change degree course, he/she may apply for a change of course.

A student who has enrolled in a given academic year may apply, by the deadline for the second instalment of fees and without any charge, for an option to another course of study. After this date, the option is no longer allowed and it is necessary to apply for a change of course.


Both ingoing and outgoing transfer application must be submitted to the Student registry office by the deadlines indicated on the Transfers and transitions webpage.
If more applicants apply for the same year than there are places available, a ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the following criterion:
- arithmetic average × (ECTS credits acquired/total ECTS credits), from the first year to the year of last enrolment, based on the degree programme.
In the event of a further tie, the youngest student shall have priority.
Recognition of the studies carried out in Architecture courses in other European Union and non-EU countries, as well as of the credits obtained in these, will take place through the evaluation, by the Degree Council, of the curriculum sent by the University of origin and of the exam programmes taken. 
After deciding on the recognition of a defined number of ECTS credits, the Degree Council decides on the enrolment of the student in one of the years of the course, adopting the following criterion: to be admitted to a given year of the course, the student must have passed all the exams envisaged in the previous years, with a maximum debt of 30 ECTS credits. For validated examinations, the same grade will be maintained or, in the case of several validated examinations that contribute to the validation of a single exam, the average of their respective grades.

Transfer from another university

The application must be submitted to the Student registry office by the deadlines indicated on the Transfers and transitions webpage.
Students enrolled in courses at another University may request to transfer to a Second-cycle degree course at the University of Parma, in compliance with the requirements and admission procedures set out for the chosen course. 
Enrolment in the second year for students from EU or non-EU universities is subject to the availability of places, within the framework of the number of places previously approved by the competent bodies.
Transfer to any of the study courses will be subject to the examination of the Degree Council which, within the limit of the places available on the receiving course, will determine the year of enrolment and the student's further programme of study.
Students may only be admitted to the second year of the course if they have obtained at least 30 ECTS credits by the date of enrolment.

Recognition of credits

In the event that the student requests the recognition of studies previously completed, the Course council will examine the official documentation issued by the university of origin proving the university career already completed and will recognise as many credits as possible, according to the procedures described below.
Only examinations belonging to the same or a related academic discipline may be recognised. In the case of examinations in fields outside the curriculum of the relevant course of study, the corresponding credits may only be recognised as 'optional subjects'. If necessary, the course syllabus of the examination will be requested for further analysis.
A special committee may carry out an informal prior assessment of the credits to be awarded. The application for assessment must be sent by e-mail to Prof. Elena Michelini ( and must indicate "Request for prior assessment" as the subject. This request must contain, in addition to the applicant's personal data and telephone and e-mail addresses, a certificate in digital format with an indication of all the exams taken and with an indication of the Academic discipline (SSD) and the value in training credits (CFU).