Students must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic results of multivariable calculus and ordinary differential equations. Lectures emphasize concrete computations over more theoretical considerations with little emphasis on exceptional cases.
In particular, within the program carried out, students must
1. exhibit thorough conceptual understanding and computational fluency in standard cases;
2. be able to exploit tools from multivariable calculus and ordinary differential equations for solving problems ranging from simple to medium difficulty;
3. be able to evaluate coherence and correctness of results obtained by themselves or by others;
4. be able to communicate in a clear and precise way the contents of the lectures using the appropriate scientifical lexicon;
5. be able to read autonomously technical books and articles which use tools from multivariable calculus and ordinary differential equations.