Knowledge and understanding:
The main goal of this course is to provide the
students with A refresher (with a reinforcement
tailored towards the upcoming courses) of the key
concepts in linear algebra, probability theory and
system analysis they should have encountered in
their Bachelor studies.
The refreshed mathematical tools will allow them to
manage both deterministic and stochastic signals
both in continuous- and discrete-time, as well as
their linear transformations.
Applying knowledge and understanding:
The abilities to apply the acquired knowledge and
- to understand and apply the basic concepts of
linear vector spaces and their basic operations.
- to manipulate Hermitian, unitary, and projection
matrices. To perform a spectral or singular value
- to apply basic probabilty theory to solve practical
- to apply Fourier and Z transform techniques tosolve linear filtering problems
- to calculate the spectral properties of filtered
- to use the complex equivalent lowpass
representation of real bandpass stochastic