At the end of the course the student is expected to:
- possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of epigenetitic phenomena, of the mechanisms underlying epigenetic phenomena and defects associated with a deregulation of these;
- is able to apply the knowledge acquired in the biomedical field;
- has the ability to integrate the knowledge of genetics and epigenetics;
- know how to communicate clearly and unambiguously the knowledge and the rationale underlying them both to specialist and non-specialist interlocutors;
- know how to analyze critically and independently the controversial issues and the gaps in the knowledge of epigenetics.