The aims of the course in relation to understanding and knowledge are:
- Understanding of the two principles of active control, feedforward and feedback, and of the broad applications to automation.
- Understanding of the methods, based on Laplace and Zeta transforms, to
determine the time-evolution of linear scalar dynamic systems.
- Knowledge of harmonic analysis and of the stability theory for linear systems.
- Knowledge of the main methods of analysis and synthesis for feedback control systems.
In relation to the ability to apply knowledge and understanding, the aims are:
- Skill to analyze feedback control systems.
- Skill to set up and solve simple problems of regulation and control with a single controlled variable.