At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to:
- understand and use a correct stereochemical language concerning organic compounds
- have the knowledge necessary to understand stereoselective, stereospecific reactions and asymmetric induction
- be able to choose the most suitable methods for determining the enantiomeric composition of a chiral compound
- know the main chiro-optical techniques.
- discuss different types of organic reactions presented during the course, with a focus on the stereochemical outcome
- know different approaches for the functionalization of solid materials, both surfaces and nanomaterials as nanoparticles.
- know the fundamental concepts of 'green chemistry'