At the end of the classes, the student who attended regularly lectures and exercices:
- knows the characteristics of spatial data;
- knows the technologies for data acquisition and their tolerances, particularly for DTMs and orthophotos;
- knows about existing geodetic datums, cartographic projections
- knows vector and raster data characteristics, the basics on data bases and the query
The student learns how to georeference data and how to perform data
interpolation and evaluate the result.
- knows how to perform spatial
queries and/or selections based on data attributes and combine them.
- knows how to apply this knowledge to the solution of engineering and planning
problems using GIS software.