The aim of the course is to provide students the ability to understand
how information systems fit into the structures of
business organizations and in particular:
- The structure and the evolution of computing systems-oriented to organizations.
- The management of business processes through information technology.
- The role of the Internet in business processes.
- The basic principles of information systems security.
- The basic principles of performance evaluation of sitemi information.
The ability to apply the knowledge and understanding listed appear to be in particular:
- Analyze and describe the architecture of the computing infrastructure for business
- Analyze business processes and the needs and identify the ICT solutions.
- Assess the main security features (logical and physical) of computer systems.
- Describe and model with stochastic techniques simple systems and processes.
The course also aims to improve the autonomy of judgment and the communication
skills through the preparation of two written essays.
The first asks to compare in a synthetic way the characteristics of services
(cloud, backup, BI) offered to companies on the net.
The second asks to understand an article of the scientific literature on the issues of performance evaluation,
to it analyze critically.