Studying abroad

The University of Parma offers all its students various opportunities to foster the development of a real international dimension of university study. From exchanges in Europe through the Erasmus Plus Programme to extra-European mobility with the Overworld Programme and numerous pathways for the acquisition of a double degree.
Some degree courses, in fact, thanks to the stipulation of international agreements with partner universities, offer the possibility, at the end of the university course, of obtaining a double degree with one or more associated foreign universities.


Erasmus Plus allows students to undertake a study period abroad, up to a maximum of 12 months per study and/or placement cycle, and to receive a mobility grant to partially cover the higher costs associated with their stay abroad.
The programme consists of:
Erasmus+ Study (SMS)
1) Erasmus+ Study (SMS) enables students to carry out part of their studies abroad in one of the countries with which the University of Parma has an agreement. The degree course in Political Science and International Relations guarantees full recognition of educational activities, such as taking examinations and conducting research for the thesis.
Information on the call for applications can be found on the ⇒ Erasmus plus page, or by contacting the following contact person:
► Contact professor: Prof. Veronica Valenti
Erasmus+ Internship (SMT)
2) Erasmus+ Internship (SMT) provides the opportunity to carry out an internships abroad in companies, law firms and organisations.
The Degree Course grants full recognition of 6 ECTS credits for the internship undertaken.
For information on locations and how to activate the internship, please contact
 ► Contact professor: Prof. Elena Carpanelli


OVERWORLD is a university programme aimed at broadening study and mobility opportunities to include non-European universities. It organises individual student mobility at one of the universities with a teaching and scientific cooperation protocol with the University of Parma. The degree course guarantees full recognition of educational activities, such as taking examinations and conducting research for the thesis.
More information on the various programmes can be found on the Overworld page:  or you can contact the following contact people:
► Contact professors:

Carrying out research and writing the final paper abroad

Students may carry out research and drafting activities abroad for the final examination for their degree course. To this end, before submitting the Teaching Agreement for approval by the Supervisor, students must obtain the assignment of the thesis from a Supervisor and the latter's consent to carry out the relevant activities during their stay abroad. This activity, if attested by a certificate issued by the host university, when provided for in the relevant study programme abroad, or by a certificate issued by the Supervisor acting as guarantor, may be recognised, subject to the favourable opinion of the Supervisor, within the limits of the ECTS credits laid down for the final examination and in accordance with the provisions specific to each degree course.
In any event, in order to pass the final examination, students must sit the degree examination in the form provided for the course they belong to and the examination will be subject to assessment by the relevant Degree Examination Committee in accordance with the rules of each course.
For the purposes of assessing the final examination for the degree course to which it belongs, the Degree Examination Committee takes into account the conduct of research and writing abroad.

Language courses at the University Language Centre

The university offers, through the activities of the CLA (University Language Centre), services aimed at learning modern foreign languages, including European languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Romanian) and non-European languages (Chinese, Japanese and Arabic). The CLA develops courses aimed at preparing students for international certifications and the Language Placement Test (LPT), as well as collaborative learning activities (Tandem Learning). More information can be found at: In particular, students can refer to the page dedicated to courses for UNIPR students (Menu COURSES > COURSES FOR UNIPR STUDENTS), at the following link:


Internationalisation tutor

Internationalisation tutors support the internationalisation programmes and projects at the Department. These activities include the dissemination of internationalisation opportunities to students enrolled on the various degree courses and support for students already studying abroad during the academic year.
Tutors' names and contact details