Knowledge and understanding
The main goal of this course is to provide students with the ability to
understand the foundations of modern digital communication systems and, in particular,
- the digital communication systems in the presence of channels with memory;
- the techniques for complexity reduction;
- the advanced technique for channel coding and decoding;
- the performance analysis techniques for these systems.
Applying knowledge and understanding
The abilities to apply the acquired knowledge and understanding result to be:
- the design and performance analysis of moder digital communication systems;
- the selection and design of proper coding systems for a given communication channel.