- Main objective of the Course is the development of a study path that will enhance the student’s critical attitude and ability to correlate, structure and compare cultural phenomena with other educational aspects. To reach this objective the acquisition of sociological competences will be crucial, to describe and interpretate the relationship between culture, society and education in different epistemological perpectives.
- Knowledge of the main sociological theories corresponding to socio-cultural-educational systems, in order to analyze their theoretical and conceptual frames.
- Knowledge and ability to interpretate the transformation of cultural and educational systems in the wider frame of general social changing.
- Acquire descriptive and analytical competences both on the role of the educational processes in western society and on main theories and empirical research about the relationship on culture and education.
- Acquire the competences to interpretate in a sociological perspective diferences, inequalities, equity, effectiveness and quality of cultural and educational systems.