At the end of the course the students will have to show knowledge, ability to understand and reflect critically the topics addressed, as well as the ability to apply the acquired knowledge to the interpretation of the main educational contexts for children and families. In particular, at the end of the course the student is expected to be able to:
1) to know, understand and interpret the main pedagogical theories and the main educational approaches concerning the promotion of children's protagonism in the childhood contexts developed since the twentieth century;
2) to know, understand and interpret the construct of childhood image and its theoretical and epistemological foundations, acquiring the keys of reading to understand its reflection in services and educational dynamics;
3) know, know how to use and analyze the languages and some methods of observation, documentation and evaluation of the children learning in the educational context;
4) know how to design, implement and interpret an observation in the educational context for children by formulating answers to problems of a concrete or abstract type in the light of the main theories of the early childhood pedagogy within a systemic, ecological and socio-constructivist approach.
5) know how to define objectives and tools for an educational intervention in the educational context for children.